We are ambitious. Simplr (www.simplr.ai), is an early stage startup in San Francisco seeking to disrupt the tired and ineffective customer service model and backed by a $7.5 Billion Parent Company. Great location in San Francisco (SOMA) by the Caltrain station and close to the ballpark.
Simplr’s AI + Human approach to customer service is out to prove that on-demand, US based, customer service and sales support is the best solution for today’s fastest growing startups in apparel, health, beauty, food, electronics, and home goods. We are also proud that our platform enables underutilized talent such as teachers, military spouses, and stay at home spouses to supplement their family income from the comfort of their own home.
This is where you come in. We are not looking code implementers or web designers. We believe in giving our best and brightest the autonomy to define their solutions. We are looking for explorers. We’ll hire you for your skills – but expect much more.
- Passion and Drive. Build and manage, frontend and backend web application components
- Teamwork. Collaborate with a team of highly talented engineers, designers and product managers
- Ownership and accountability. Write high quality code and unit tests
- Develops effective, maintainable end-to-end code in a timely fashion
- Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
- Conducts code reviews with peers and management
- Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
- 2 or more years of full stack software development experience
- Familiarity with React (preferred), Angular, or Backbone and MongoDB or Dynamodb
- Demonstrated experience in delivering features and products in a fast paced, KPI driven, end customer focused environment
- Experience writing and utilizing REST APIs
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or a related field
The Software Engineer 3 is a functional expert in the field of software engineering as it relates to business objectives of Simplr. The Software Engineer 3 will design, code, test, and debug applications that meet client and product requirements in various software languages. Currently, the primary focus for Software Engineer 3 will be React and NodeJS in addition to secondary usage of MangoDB and Parse. This position will require peer reviewing code from all levels of the organization.
- Design and develop maintainable code in a timely and defect free manner
- Assist with testing of code--manually testing code paths, writing unit tests, writing regression tests
- Assist with deployment of code using GitHub and Jenkins
- Work with User Experience and Product Management to ensure code meets business requirements, includes writing requirements documents
- Capture and analyze analytics for deployed code
- Develop A/B tests to determine most effective code and design solution
- Peer review code from all levels of the organization
- Forecast scope, timelines, manage progress of assigned work, and communicate updates and potential delays
- On call support if urgent production arise and need resolution
- Maintain proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and processes within the department’s scope
- Communicate engineering complexities and solutions to a wide range of business and technical stakeholders
- Mentor junior team members in areas of the application
10-20% domestic/international travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 4-8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brick/Mortar locations - Regularly requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Regularly requires working with other in a close proximity and sharing workspaces. Requires the understanding that the noise level is that of an office environment and will rise significantly during peak hours.
COR00092 | San Francisco | California | US | 2019/08/08