The Receptionist is responsible for insuring front desk coverage at all times. This includes access control of visitors/vendors into Asurion. The Receptionist will provide administrative support of a highly confidential nature including but not limited to processing incoming/outgoing mail, office supply maintenance etc. She/he must reflect a positive and professional image of the company in both presentation and communication.
- Answers Switchboard for designated department/site, route to appropriate departments or take messages accordingly.
- Performs administrative duties such as, typing, opening, stamping and distributing mail; responsible for all outgoing mail including all courier mailing.
- Distributes paychecks during designated pay days; works with payroll on issuing loaded check cards
- Assists with special projects, events, and promotions.
- Serves as contact for people inside and outside of the company. Point person for providing directions to guests/clients and working with building security prior to arrival.
- Receives and greets visitors. Obtains name and nature of business
- Maintains updated instructions for operating the receptionist desk; trains multiple back up employees to cover front desk
- Able to handle sensitive, complex, and confidential information appropriately)
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and reliability
- Represents the company in both dress and communication per company guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong organizational, initiative, process and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced, high profile environment
- Must have good phone etiquette (pace, tone, voice quality, grammar and articulation)
- Must be self-disciplined and work without close supervision
- Excellent written and verbal skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Capable of operating and maintaining computers, mailing equipment, and other office equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in business or liberal arts desirable
- Previous experience as a Receptionist preferred
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 4 - 8+ hours per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication utilizing a headset.
Brick/Mortar locations: Regularly requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Regularly requires working with other in a close proximity and sharing workspaces. Requires the understanding that the noise level in the Call Center is that of an office environment and will rise significantly during peak hours.
CUS28538 | Nashville | Tennessee | US | 2019/11/26